Friends' End Day 2019 Schedule
2:00 pm - Friends' End Day 2019 begins!
2:15-3:30 pm - Workshop 1
3:45-5:00 pm - Workshop 2
- Introduction to Theater Skills: Meisner Technique (Brianna Smith)
- Our Own Poetry (Paul Riley)
5:15-6:30 pm - Workshop 3
- Craftmaking - Art You Can Wear (Jamie Hennick)
- Neographic - The Art of Collage Composition (Dave Dutilley)
6:30 - 7:00 pm - Stone Soup Dinner
- Cooking a Stone Soup and Breadmaking (Sarah Cormier and Rachael Kane)
- Stop a Supervillain's plot! An Introduction to ANOTHER Tabletop RPG (Jon Harrington)
7:15 - 8:15 pm - Workshop 4
Painting (The Riley Brothers)
8:30-9:30 pm - Gift Exchange
Here's how it'll work: bring one wrapped gift of something artistic (whether it's visual art like a painting or sculpture, musical art like an album or CD, or media art like a movie or TV show on DVD/Blu-ray, or something else). These gifts will be randomly selected by others. Once the gift you brought has been unwrapped, you can explain why you think it's great.
9:30-10:30 pm - Showcase
Everyone will have the opportunity to share some of the things they've created during the day. Challenge by choice - no pressure! - but we hope you'll be willing to allow others to see your art.
What To Bring
- a wrapped gift of something artistic (see explanation for "Gift Exchange" above)
- one food item (ex. a squash, ground beef, parsley, pasta)
- a willingness to try something new
- (Optional) donations for various arts-related charities
- (Optional) one appetizer ready to (h)eat (ex. chips, cubes of cheese, grape tomatoes, buffalo chicken dip)
Back to the main Hootenanny page.